Terms and Conditions of Use of Our Site
General Terms & Conditions for usage of this site.
The term 'Cloud Legal Online Conveyancing' or 'Cloud Legal' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website, Carthew Lawyers Pty Ltd A.C.N. 147 669 574 trading as Cloud Legal Online Conveyancing, whose address is GPO Box 506 Brisbane Qld 4001.
The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The information contained on this site is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this site, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a legal professional licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, case or statutory law. Cloud Legal expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics, photographic images, video and sound files. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Cloud Legal's prior written consent.
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Queensland.
The Australian Copyright Act 1968 (the Act) allows 10% of the number of words on this website to be reproduced and/or communicated by any Australian educational institution for its educational purposes provided that the educational institution (or the body that administers it) has given a Notice to Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) under part VB of the Act.
For details of the CAL licence for educational institutions contact:
Copyright Agency Limited
Level 15, 233 Castlereagh Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Telephone: +612 9394 7600 Facsimile: +612 9394 7601 E-mail: email@example.com
Except as permitted under the Act (for example for the services of the Crown or in reliance on one of the fair dealing exceptions i.e. a fair dealing for the purposes of research or study) no part of this website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, communicated or transmitted in any form or by any means without prior written permission.
All inquiries should be made to us (the copyright owner) via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Win an iPad or Free Legals Promotion Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To be eligible to win entrants must have completed the settlement for the sale or purchase of a Queensland residential property though Cloud Legal Online Conveyancing and have their account paid in full, and must 'Like' Cloud Legal's Facebook page or 'follow' Cloud Legal on Twitter.
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Cloud Legal Online Conveyancing and agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
5. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. We must be able to match our client name/s with a corresponding name on our Facebook or Twitter pages.
6. The Promotion commences on 01/03/2013 and continues until withdrawn by the Promoter (“Promotional Period”). Only one entry permitted per person throughout the Promotional Period.
7. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the winner. The winner will be selected at random on the 1st of each April, July, October and January from valid entries settled in the previous quarter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The prize is an Apple iPad Mini 16GB Wi-Fi + Cellular (RRP $509.00), or a voucher for free conveyancing legals for a subsequent sale or purchase conducted by Cloud Legal Online Conveyancing (outlays not included).
9. The prize winner will be notified by phone/email.
10. If any prize is unavailable or otherwise unable to be supplied, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
11. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
12. By submitting an entry, entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's winning entry (either in full or in part) and name, for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products supplied by the Promoter.
13. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
14. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) redemption or use of a prize.
15. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information.
17. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
18. The Promoter is Carthew Lawyers Pty Ltd trading as Cloud Legal Online Conveyancing (ABN 54 147 669 574) of Level 3, 150 Edward St, Brisbane Qld, telephone (07) 3160 2205.